Pineapple Upside down Cake
Method / How to make
- Condensed milk - 1 tin
- White butter - 120 grams
- Maida - 250 gms
- Castor sugar - 60 grams
- Baking soda - 2 teaspoons
- Pineapple essence - 2 teaspoons
- Cooking soda - 1 teaspoon
- Yellow colour - a pinch
- Hot milk - 2 cups
- Pineapple slices - 6
- Beat milk, butter, sugar well in a bowl and then add the essence, keep beating them until you get bubbles from it.
- Then add sieved soda ingredients and sieved Maida and the milk, yellow Colour, and mix it with your finger-tip.
- In the greased baking plate, place the pineapple slices and then pour the cake mixture into it and bake it in 150 deg.C.
- Once it is completely baked and cooled, loosen the sides and invert or make it upside down.
- Decorate with cherries or decorate with whipped cream.
Tip: You can use strawberry slices or pieces instead of pineapple pieces and so called as "strawberry upside-down cake".
Back to Cake Recipes from India