- 1/2 kilo unsweetened khoya.
- ½ kilo cashewnuts. 500 grams sugar.
- 1 tsp. either essence of rose or kewda.
- 1 tsp. coarsely pounded cardamom seeds.
- 25 grams each of blanched and sliced almonds and pistachios.
- Silver foil
Pound the cashew nuts to a powder. Put 2 cups of water in sugar and prepare a syrup of one-thread consistency. Mix in the khoya and stir till
the mixture turns smooth.
Put in cashew nuts along with all the nuts and cardamoms and keep on stirring till the mixture turns thick and leaves the sides of the vessel.
Mix in the essence and remove from fire. Put the mixture in a greased thali, level the surface and cover with foil. Set aside to turn cold then cut into any shape you like. Store in an airtight container.
Note: Some of these sweets require Sugar Syrup of appropriate consistency. Refer Sugar Syrup preparation here.
Gujarat Recipes Index
Indian Recipes Home
You may also want to have a look at:
More Indian Sweets and Desserts