Christmas Plum Cake
Plum Cake is famous during the festival of Christmas; it looks simple but tastes delicious. It also has lesser fat content as it doesn't have any cream in it.
Maida - 200 grams
Castor sugar - 200 grams
Margarine - 200 grams
Butter - 200 grams
Cashews - 100 grams
Almonds - 100 grams
Dry grapes or raisins - 50 grams
Cherries - 50 grams
Orange peel - 50 grams
Ginger(soaked in sugar syrup) - 50 grams
Cake Masala - 2 teaspoons (available in bakeries and grocery shops)
Shajeera - 2 teaspoons
Baking soda - 2 teaspoon
Eggs - 6
Caramel syrup - 1 cup
Powdered nutmeg - a pinch
- Beat the eggs well.
- Beat the butter and sugar well separately.
- Mix the dry fruits(finely chopped), sieved maida and sieved cooking soda and baking soda in a bowl well.
- Add the shajeera, cake Masala, to the butter mixture.
- Add the caramel syrup, beaten eggs, and beat it well to get a foamy mixture.
- Add the above mixture to the maida mixture and stir them well to get a soft, cake mixture.
- Pour it in the greased baking plate and bake it for 20 minutes approximately in 160 deg.C and for 10 minutes in 180 deg C.
Back to Indian Cake Recipes