“I don’t go long without eating. I never starve myself: I grab a healthy snack”- Vanessa Hudgens
Indian food never seems to be short of options for Snacks and short-eats. But like every home, budding cooks want to try out something different. We are a cookery-show inspired home and weekends are the perfect time for experimenting various dishes shown on TV. I’ve always wanted to make those spring rolls similar to that of a restaurant’s but couldn’t get around it so far. But now, I’ve finally made them! This one is a crispy variety of spring rolls, but this one has a potato filling instead of other veggies that you normally find in a roll.
It tasted great with tomato ketchup and is a perfect starter for any party. Tell us how you like it in the comments.
Recipe follows below:
Potato Spring Rolls
- Maida – 2 cups
- Potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 2 table spoon
- Salt – as required
- Sev – 1/4 kg
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 2 table spoon
- Cook potatoes, peel and mash with salt and sev.
- Sieve and mix the flour with salt and little oil.
- Gradually add water and knead to a smooth dough.
- Make balls with maida dough and tool into a medium size puris.
- Keep little potato stuffing inside and close well.
- 6. Make a thick paste of maida and cornflour with water.
- Dip the maida stuffing roll in cornflour and maida paste and roll on bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato Ketchup.