This recipe come from Swati of Sugar Craft. She says “Its a never fail recipe and one can even make this cake in a normal oven at the temperature settings given below.”
So have fun making this delicious cake. Better yet – make this as a group effort so everyone gets to cheer and eat at the end.
Photo credit: Torie via Flickr.com
Easy Maida (Flour) Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 200gms butter
- 200 gms sugar
- 200gms maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Â½ tsp soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A microwave oven (with manual temperature control)
1. Beat butter and sugar till frothy. An electric beater is useful.
2. Sift maida, baking powder and soda thrice.
3. Beat eggs one at a time and keep adding to the already beaten butter and sugar mixture.
4. Add maida in the cut and fold method.
5. Beat till mixture seems light and fluffy.
6. Put in the microwave on High for 5-6 min. and check if done by testing with a skewer.
You can even get to know if the cake is done by seeing when the cake starts leaving the sides.
7. Put in the oven at 150 degrees for about 45 min
Contributor Bio: Swati is a sugarcrafter and cake decorating expert. She conducts cake decoration workshops in Delhi. You can visit her blog at Sugar Craft to view lots of her cake decoration work.
This tip comes from Essam; he says “this is mainly a Pond cake. All main ingrediants are equal to
the eggs weight, but the bad isea is to put it in microwave first. It should be 10min on 180 cel.,
then 20-25min on 160 cel.”